The easiest way to create a website shortcut on your desktop is to:
Once you let go of the icon on the desktop, you will see that a shortcut has been created. A click on the icon opens the website in the default web browser.
- Open the website
- Locate the icon (little picture) in the address bar
- Drag and drop that icon to the computer desktop.
Another way to do it is:
1. Place your cursor on an empty part of your desktop.
2. Right click and select: New > Shortcut
3. Enter the web address then click next.
A shortcut wizard will open up
4. Enter the name you want to give the shortcut
then click finish: